Archives of 34Bit:

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Ogre Rig

Here is a rig I am currently working on for a new ogre character.  My portfolio was absent a really nice custom rig, so I took to the challenge and create a custom rig for my ogre character.  Normally I use character studio due to the advantages of the modular animation setup, but with this model and what I intend to use it for, a custom rig was a solid choice.  I worked out twist bones on both the arms and the legs, I went threw several setups on that, and added in a facial rig and bones for his loin cloth.  One I finish I will give updated shots on my blog.  Here is what I have left to do: finish textures, skin, and animate.  I hopefully will have it completed by the new year.  And once that is done off to Unity he goes, he'll make an excellent character for my arena concept. Hint, hint!

No comments: